Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year

Well, things have been kind of slow lately. The tempature is dropping a little and I'm just enjoying sitting outside, smoking my pipe and watching the critters. I've been canning jalapenoes as they ripen and funny thing is now that the mercury has dropped the tomatoes are maturing like crazy and mostly without giant cracks.
As far as fall planting and upkeep, I planted some garlic cloves and laid out some lettuce seed(Black Seeded Simpson). I also topped off the compost pile with a big bag of leaves.
I almost forgot to mention that my parents gave me their old washer. My apartment in Plano came with a washer and dryer but since I moved here I've had to go to my parents house to clean my clothes. It's funny how excited I got when I got to go out and buy a clothesline. It seems to me that clothes dry a little faster on a clothesline than in a dryer but that's just conjecture. I hope everyone is doing well and flourishing.
Jerry

1 comment:

Ron said...

It sure is a great time of year. It seems the cool weather is doing my tomatoes good too, with less cracking than before for some reason. We cut way back on using the dryer a few years ago for the noble reason of saving a couple of bucks :) and have never gone back. I'm happy about not having a fire risk either.

Salsa is so much fun to can. I've got to get busy and can some peppers!

Ron