Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I feel like one of those creatures that live under the desert sand





The strawberry plants and Black Pearl peppers have fallen to the pitiless sun. The squash plants however are thriving and as is the corn. I have had a hard time keeping the garden watered. It requires watering at least twice a week for three hours at a time. Everything is growing, but a very slow rate except for Buddy. He is getting his adult teeth and has suddenly become very stubborn. I'm going to lie under the fan. Good harvest to you all.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Sounds like it is mighty hot over there... hope ya'll get some rain and cooler weather soon. I'm glad to hear that your squash is thriving... mine is battling the squash bug lately. :)

Ron

Jerry S. said...

Thanks. Yes, very hot and dry. The heat and drought are the norm here unfortunately. I had my first cantaloupe yesterday and it was VERY disappointing. Good luck at your spread.