Saturday, June 21, 2008

Busy for a lazy guy






Well,I have managed to get some things done the last few days. To start I decided against the Foodsaver. I had it in my basket and I started getting buyers' remorse before I even paid so I may just not get one. Can't decide. I did try for the sorbet' machine but they were out of stock(our Wal-Mart is awful). I was intending on buying some red chili plants and ended up with strawberries. They are everbearing Ozark Beauty. After buying them I did some research and discovered they may not produce for a year which kind of sucks because I don't know if I'll be in this house that long.

I went to a little produce stand by my house and bought four jalepeno plants and came across some ornamental christmas peppers and a new variety called "Black Pearl". I asked about the "Black Pearls" and they are supposed to be very hot so I had to buy both. The "Black Pearl" plant is black along with the peppers but when the fruit ripens it turns red.

I bought a straw bale for my strawberries and after I put it on my berries I decided it may work well for keeping the grass from coming back in the garden so I started using it to mulch the garden today. I don't know if it will work but a little straw goes a long way so I'm not concerned about wasting money.

Last of all I have have been starting to freeze this years batch of squash. I gave some to my parents already along with some of last years. I decided to slice it up so I can be more aware of how much I'm cooking each time. I'm trying to knock out out last years but I don't want to get sick of squash.

The corn is doing well but I don't believe the cilantro will appear this year or at least until fall. We'll see.

1 comment:

Ron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.