Friday, June 6, 2008

It's just too hot!


I picked my first squash of the season today and they look great. Although I prefer the straight neck variety, I suppose the crook neck taste just as good.

Please excuse the poor pictures. I only have a 10$ Wal-Mart camera, but I think you'll get the idea.

Amazingly enough my lettuce hasn't bolted or gotten bitter. It's great to still have salads but I usually use the space they're in to plant something else .

Other than watering the garden (we've been taunted by clouds all week but no dice on the rain) I finally came to terms that the heat had killed my poppies. Since the the Bermuda grass overtook my corn I planted in the garden I replaced the shriveled flowers with corn seeds. My only concern is the neighborhood cats will dig up the bed before the seed has a chance to sprout. We'll see if it's too late to grow but since it stays warm here until Thanksgiving I thought I'd give it a shot.

1 comment:

Ron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.